Saturday, June 4, 2016
"CHARCOAL: A Painters Approach To Drawing" Here is a link to my Charcoal Drawing class at Arrowmont School of Arts and Crafts, June 12 - 18. A few seats left, LETS GET DIRTY!!!
If you can not join us, you can follow and see what we are doing at our facebook page
CHARCOAL at Arrowmont 2016
Saturday, April 5, 2014
Thursday, March 27, 2014
"Figure50" Chapman has been chosen as the Figure50 representative for the state of Alabama. Figure50 is an online competition and website where one figurative artists is chosen from each of the 50 states. The site has a map of the United States and shows one work from each of the 50 artists and when you scroll over each state you see a select piece by the artist. You can then click on the state which is a direct link to the artist's personal web page. link
Thursday, February 20, 2014
Sunday, February 9, 2014
Thursday, October 31, 2013
Sunday, October 20, 2013
Sunday, October 6, 2013
Wednesday, July 10, 2013
Wednesday, May 15, 2013
Friday, May 10, 2013
Thursday, February 14, 2013
Saturday, January 12, 2013
- The Kentuck Museum, March 7th - 30th
- The Carnegie Visual Arts Center, May 17th - June 29th
- The Wiregrass Museum of Art, Nov 2013 - Feb 2014 (TBA)
- Berea College, Fall 2014 (TBA)
Tuesday, September 25, 2012
Saturday, August 18, 2012
Friday, May 25, 2012
• "The HELMET Project Comes to the Montgomery Museum of Fine Art" During the week of September 10 - 16, The HELMET Project will be exhibited at the museum. A host of events will take place as part of this project, including a number of installations for photo-documentation by High 5 Productions on Monday, while the museum is closed to the public. On Tuesday Sept 11 as an eleven year anniversary of the tragic events of 9/11 Chapman will be doing a series of gallery talks.
* 3pm Gallery talk with College and High School Students from the area.
* 5:30 Gallery Talk and Reception, open to the public and hosted by the Museum's Junior Executive Board.
• The Red Clay Survey: Gary Chapman's painting, "RE Creation," has won the Alabama Artist Cash Award - 2D in the Huntsville Museum of Art Exhibition, "The Red Clay Survey 2012: Exhibition of Contemporary Southern Art." The exhibition is up May 20th to September 16th. Here is a link to the site and catalog: www.hsvmuseum.org